There are preventive measures you can take to to reduce the need for repairs. By not taking time to maintain your oven it could be using more electricity then needed. Follow these tips and you can prolong the life of your oven,stove or range and avoid costly repairs.
Money saving tips that will make your oven, stove or range and reduce your energy cost.
One thing you can do is keep your unit clean. Clean the control panel clean by removing the knobs and buttons and cleaning with a mild detergent clean the control panel with a non abrasive mild cleaner
You can use baking soda and a warm damp cloth. You can scratch the glass or porcelain if you use a abrasive cleaner
Your drip pans should be clean and shinny to properly radiate heat back. You should replace your drip pans every two years. And never cover with foil it can cause an electrical short.
Look for bubbles or blisters on the heating element if you see any this is a sign that the element is no good
You should clean the gaskets around the doors and if the gasket is brittle replace it.
If your oven is a self cleaning unit do not use oven cleaner on the oven. If you use these tips you will prolong the life of your oven and avoid costly repairs.
Your dryer needs three things to work.
Your dryer needs 240 volts to heat it will run on 1120 volts but it wont heat. Go to the breaker and turn it off then on again if it works great you might have had a power surge. You should be fine. If it keeps tripping the breaker call for service . If you have 240 volts but no heat it could be the heating element, thermal cut off, terminal block or the thermostat. Call for Appliance repair specialist.
Dryer wont tumble
If you hear the motor running but the drum is not tumbling it is most likely the belt. While your in there you should check the pulley if it is bad change it because the belt will not last long with a bad pulley
Dryer is not working at all
Check the breaker if you have 240 volts then check the door switch. If is is broke change it this will keep the dryer from running. IF THIS IS ALL GOOD CALL APPLIANCE REPAIR SPECIALIST.
Heats but takes to long to dry
If the drum is turning then you should pull the vent off the back of the dryer and make sure the air flow is strong if you have good air flow check the vent ducts in the house if they are clogged clean them out. If it still takes to long cal appliance repair specialist.
The first thing you should do is make sure you have water at the water valve. If you have water at the valve then check the valve with a ohm meter to make sure it is good. If it checks good then check the water filter. If it test good then activate the ice maker and check to see if you are getting voltage to the valve change the valve you should be good to go. If you don’t get voltage change the ice maker.
Cubes to small
Change the water valve on the refrigerator.
If you see water on the floor it could be your water dispenser if you see water coming from the dispenser change the water valve. It could be your water valve. If icicles are forming from the ice maker change the water valve.
After your dishwasher finishes are your dishes not as clean as you would like. This my not be the dishwasher it could be the the water temperature. When you run the hot water at your sink does it take a time for the hot water to come out. If it does this could be the reason for your dishes not coming as clean as you would like. Try this. Before you turn the dish washer on run the hot water at your sink until the water is coming out hot then start the dish washer. By doing this the dish washer will fill with hot water and all the soap will devolve and your dishes will come out clean
13 money saving tips that will extend the life of your washing machine and lower the cost of energy.
To reduce the need of repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your washing machine running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you clothes clean than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your washing machine and avoid many costly repairs.
- Make sure that the washing machine’s feet are level to prevent an imbalance in the machine that may cause loud noises and added wear and tear on the unit.
- Make sure water faucets are in good condition. Connect to faucets carefully; improperly connecting to the faucets can cause major water damage to the home. Turning faucets on and off before and after you wash can extend the life of you hoses. This also prevents hard water buildup.
- Rubber Hoses, over time, get worn out, brittle and leak. It is recommended that hoses be replaced every 5-7 years.
- Check to ensure drain hoses are not impeded from draining. Remove kinks and other stoppages. Improper draining may cause the pump to overheat and burn out.
- If your washing machine has a lint filter, remove and clean regularly to prevent clogs.
- Do not overload with clothes because the added pressure on the hoses can cause them to burst.
- Use the proper amount of detergent (see detergent box instructions) for your washer and water hardness. Don’t use too much detergent because too many soap suds will cause the washing machine to work harder and use extra energy. Detergent dissolves in water temperature over 55 degrees F.
- Save money and energy by washing in warm water. Washing clothes in hot water uses twice as much energy as washing in warm water.
- Presoaking is recommended for soiled items while shorter cycles are recommended for delicate items.
- Washing one large load is more efficient than washing two smaller loads.
- Washing small loads with a large water level will prevent proper cleaning because there is reduced agitation.
- Check that the spin cycle is spinning properly because putting wet clothes in the dryer will use more energy in the dryer.
- Check belts regularly to see if they need replacement. Worn or stretched belts will cause the washing machine to work harder.